Thursday, November 12, 2009

(Re)Educate Yourself.

I wonder what is it that makes teachers so jaded after 20 years of teaching. I really really wonder what turns them into these (really wrinkly and ugly) monsters. Seriously. I mean, if I am to be a teacher some day, I need to be aware of this "virus" or "disease" that infects bright, optimistic teachers who, 20 years ago, had the dream of educating the youth of the world. To make a difference, to mold young minds, to love and be loved by the millions of hearts that they have touched.

What turns them into Mrs. Tingle? Where do they get off telling us, the people they were 20 years ago, that they have "experience" therefore they can look down on us? Therefore, you're right? Therefore, you're great? Puh-lease. My 10-year old sister has better manners than you do. And that's just sad. It is because of YOU that students find it hard to learn and to appreciate knowledge. Seriously. Go home and wiki "common sense". It wouldn't kill you to have some of that.

And no, I'm not talking about my lecturers. I have GREAT lecturers. These so-called educators will never be the kind of people my lecturers are. Sheesh.


Oh dear God, I hope, I pray that I don't become one of these monsters one day. Even if I do, I WANT my students to tell me that I'm a monster. I WANT them to tell me if I get mean beyond reason and put them down. I WANT my students to keep me grounded.

3 comments:

Ridhwan A. said...

I hate it when lecturers/teachers look down on you like you're incorrigible.

They're supposed to inspire and share their knowledge.

Hmm...

scenenseen said...

dear miss fab,
i totally understand what you are saying.
just because they have eaten all the salt available on this face of the earth aka makan garam, they think they are the wise ones.
they think they know better.
they reprimand us, they tell us off for our creativity and forward thinking ideas.
seriously, they bore the students to death!
whatever it is, kudos to those my creative classmates who presented during icelt!
miss fab, imagine if you do the silent reading slides, they are so gonna pull their hair aite? conservative!

Stephanie Morris said...

#Ridh - kan? they're so bodoh!!! aih..its like they think they got to where they were mcm tu je. hello! u were just like us dulu!

#Kakak - tapi reading slides tu bukan SLA kak...huhu nvm, next time yea. they think they know everything kan kak? super annoying!!