Sunday, July 19, 2009

Touchy subject? Boo you!

This post is a reponse to Juliette Alei's post, "questions that you will question yourself".

Juliette's my friend and if you've read the post, i hope you agree with me in saying, she has a great point!


Religion is something written in concrete, for those who believe to obey and most of all, respect. In my opinion, it is something you have to learn, appreciate and understand before you start telling people what they should and should not do. Hello, your NOT God. Come to think of it, religion is a fairly easy subject to handle, it is in black and white and there are almost zero grey areas. But we, human beings, we make religion a complex thing.

As my friend admitted, I will do so too, I am not a staunch Muslim and I do have a lot of questions that I too, ask myself. Having questions is all fine and stuff, we're only human, and it is normal for us to question things. But as I've mentioned before, there are always answers and Allah has put them all around us. We just have to look for it. This is where faith comes in. I do have faith in Him and I do believe that He is judging us in everything that we do.

It does not matter which religion you believe in, or which God you pray to everyday, what's important is that you don't take things as they are, you still question and you still wonder. Why do some things exist and why do others not? However, just because you don't have such a stronghold on religion, it does not mean that your opinion does not count. You don't have to wear a tudung labuh or kopiah to actually know what to say about religion. I'm not saying that anyone and everyone has a valid opinion. But I do have enough faith in my brothers and sisters to know that we know what is right and wrong. Based on what we have learnt about our Religion. and that is my professional opinion, yo! :)


Love,
S.M


p/s: Aimi, i wanted to leave a comment on your page. But as you can see, a comment this long would be absurd.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

i feel so terharu! maybe we should have a discussion base on this topic, maybe we can help each other out.

thanks babe :) for taking your time.

Stephanie Morris said...

no worries, babe...

i love this kind of intense, controversial shit that can make people pening...haha