Saturday, October 17, 2009

Picks and Strings.

I don't know why I haven't blogged about this yet, well...better late than never, I always say!

So, for a few months now, I've been teaching myself how to play the guitar. I started with the four basic chords-- G, C, Em and D. (Yes, I DO know more than 4 chords now) And I must say, I'm not that bad!! *YAY!*

In the beginning, I just started strumming to songs I liked and songs I'd heard on the radio. Now, I can play around 8-10 songs properly (from start to finish) and other songs I just jumble through...haha. Now, I'm teaching myself how to pluck the chords. Currently, Muse's Unintended is my best bet. I'll let you know how it goes.

This just proves that if you wanna do something, and you put your mind to it, you don't need teachers or instructors whom you pay 200 bucks per session just so he/she can annoy you. Just a few Youtube videos and sheer will power, you'll be grand! And I'm definitely not just talking about the guitar. Do whatever you want-- knit, cook, garden, arts and crafts...go crazy!

I'll be strumming away if you need me, cheers!

No comments: